While you attempt to install Skype’s latest version for Windows , you will get an error “Please install Skype from the Microsoft Store for the best experience“. We will look at methods to install Skype for Windows Desktop without having this error.
Let’s talk about two method which helps to install Skype for Desktop latest version without giving the mentioned error.
1. Install Skype for Desktop silently
The very first method of installing Skype for Desktop 8.xx or above is to run the installer setup with silent switch. To run the installing Skype on your Desktop without facing the error “Please Install Skype from the Microsoft Store for the Best Experience”, follow the steps below:
- Download Skype from here.
- Open command prompt (Run –> cmd or CTRL+R)
- Drag the downloaded setup file to command prompt window. This will copy the executable path in command prompt window. Alternatively, you can also press Shift and then right-click the setup file and select “Copy as path” and then paste it in cmd window.
- Append /silent switch after the path as shown in the screenshot below.
- Press enter and the setup will start and complete without user intervention.In the event that you would prefer not to see the setup progress then you may use /verysilent switch won’t demonstrate the progress windows and will install Skype quietly and invisibly.
2. Using compatibility mode to install Skype
Since Skype setup will just give you an error when you have introduced particular adaptation of Windows 10 (1607, 1703 and 1709 or above), you can undoubtedly run the Skype setup file in compatibility mode and it should keep running with no issues. To run Skype in compatibility mode, follow the guidelines below:
- Download Skype .
- Right-click the downloaded setup file and select Properties.
- Go to Compatibility tab.
- Select Windows 7 or Windows 8 in Compatibility mode section.
- Press OK.
- Run the setup and it should install without giving the error